Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"The Great Indoorsman"

Love that tag line.

You were probably all anxiously awaiting my response to President Obama's "New Nationalism" speech delivered yesterday to the teeming throngs in Osawatomie, Kansas, weren't you?  (You were, weren't you?)

Well, I didn't because I found that when it wasn't grating, it was boring, and it was mostly boring.  There's nothing new in Obama's demagogic approach or appeal; it's the same tired liberalism that got us into this mess in the first place.  Snake oil such as this simply does not work (accept perhaps politically) whether it's prescribed by liberal politicians or conservative ones.

To be honest, I was waiting first to read what the editors at NRO had to say about the president's speech and they did not disappoint, seeing it much the same as I did.  Again, the same old, same old.

But they did have great fun poking holes in his silly comparison of himself to Teddy Roosevelt.

Again, I just love that tag line.

No comments:

Post a Comment