Tuesday, October 12, 2010

End of an Era

Well, my Atlanta Braves lost their National League Division Series to the San Francisco Giants 3-2 last night, thus ending not only their season, but manager Bobby Cox's stellar career as well.

Leading the team to a record 14 straight division titles along the way, Cox is not only highly respected in all of baseball, he's uniformly beloved as well.  It never did make any sense that such a man could also hold the record for being tossed out of games, but baseball's funny that way.  He will be sorely missed and his shoes  almost impossible to fill.  I already feel more than a bit sorry for the man selected to take the reins from him.

Oh well, spring training is just around the corner and I find I already can't wait.  Play ball!

1 comment:

  1. Bobby Cox is a great manager! I am also sad to see him go.

    ReplyDelete