Sunday, August 19, 2012

Apocalypse...NOW...I Mean It!

As you've no doubt already heard, it's all going to be over this coming December.  I'm not referring to the election results, which, if it's as close as it promises to be, will remain undecided until after Thanksgiving at least.  No, I mean it's ALL going to be over...according to the oft-consulted Mayan calendar, that is. 

But before you stock up on too many canned goods, it might be useful to recall first how many predictions of doom have failed to materialize in just the last 50 or so years.  We're still here, aren't we?  Without breaking a sweat, I can remember Y2K, AIDS, acid rain, ozone depletion, nuclear winter,....  Matt Ridley offers (briefly) a more comprehensive list with some good analysis as well.

(I told you the Sage would be back.  Infrequently, sure, but back.)

No comments:

Post a Comment